At High Rock we consider ourselves to be "Disciplined" with our investment process and while I often refer to various concepts for our approach in this blog, I thought it might be worthwhile to review the philosophy behind those concepts.
This is a philosophy garnered from experience of more than 30 (55, if you include our joint efforts) years of formal education, investing, trading and helping others to achieve their goals.
1) Investing is for the long-term.
2) When there is new cash to invest we need to be aware of where we are in the longer-term cycle.
3) Regular re-balancing takes the "guess-work" out of the timing for buying and selling:
4) The costs for investing can detract from the growth over time.
5) There can be no conflict of interest.
How has discipline been good for us this year?
Scott Tomenson,CIM Managing Partner, Chief Investment Strategist